So we’ve all been curious of the giant in the skies, the ultimate in luxury, in size. I was fortunate enough to have recently interviewed Jay from International Fly Guy who is Cabin Crew for a leading airline and works frequently on the Airbus A380. So lets find out what it’s actually like to me a Crew member operating flights on the huge aircraft….!
1) So you fly on the A380- wow that’s one big plane! How long have you flown on it?
Indeed she is a beast!! The one I work holds up to 545 with crew. So that is a lot of hungry mouths to feed and look after. I have worked on the A380 for more than four years now.
2) Did you get a choice to fly on the A380 at all?
3) I have flown on the A380 and loved it, but what is it like to work on?
4) The plane is very luxurious for passengers, but what about Crew? What are the Crew rest facilities like?
5) Which routes do you fly on the A380 and do you like these routes?
6) What was the training like for this aircraft type?
7) Wow- that’s one big plane! What are the key differences between working on this aircraft compared to others?
8) There has been some negative media coverage with regards to safety- has this given you cause for concern at all?
9) What is your favorite aircraft type to fly on and why?
My heart is torn between the A380 and the 777. I think these are the flagships of Boeing and Airbus and I get to work only those two so I’m pretty happy about that.
10) Most of us never get to go upstairs, what is it actually like up there?! I’ve heard there are some pretty amazing facilities!
11) I’ve heard a rumor that a member of staff is employed specifically to look after the shower-is this true?!
12) Would you recommend flying/working on the A380? What are your highlights?
Wow what a plane! Thanks so much to Jay for his interview here and for any Crew/ passengers due to fly on the A380…good luck and enjoy!
Are you looking for a job as Cabin Crew? Don’t let the chance slip through your fingers… make sure you have the right resources to maximise your chances of getting the job- check out my resources for Prospective Cabin Crew now!